This year Allison (our Rector) is hosting a book club, as we work through the Way of Love. The Way of Love is Bishop Curry’s (the presiding bishops) method for developing practices to grow in Faith. The Way of Love focuses on seven practices that bring us closer to God (Turn, Learn, Pray, Worship, Bless, Go, Rest). The book club meets once a month from September till March. The dates and book selections are noted bellow. Discussions take place at 11:45 following the 10:30 Service
- Turn on September 22nd: Knowing Jesus in Your Life by Rev. Carol Anderson
- Learn on October 20th: Inspired: Slaying Giants, Walking on Water, and Loving the Bible Again by Rachel Held Evans
- Pray on November 17: Gratefulness, the Heart of Prayer: An approach to Life in Fullness by Brother David Steindl-Rast
- Bless on December 15th: Learning to Walk in the Dark by Barbara Brown Taylor
- Worship on January 19th: Take This Bread by Sarah Miles
- Go on February 9th: Radical Welcome: Embracing God, the Other, and the Spirit of Transformation by Stephanie Spellers
- Rest on March 29th: Sabbath: Finding Rest, Renewal, and Delight in our Busy Lives by Wayne Miller. This discussions will take place at 10:30 following the 9:30 Service.